In this post, I will show you a full comparison between Soundgoodizer versus Sausage Fattener, so you can choose which is the best option for you.
In a detailed comparison of Soundgoodizer vs Sausage Fattener, FL Studio’s VST is the clear winner. This is because Soundgoodizer is free and has better features, which are powered by the incredible Maximus compressor, one of the best on the market.
They are two of the most popular audio compressor plugins among music producers, being widely used for the creation of professional beats.
Table of Contents
- Soundgoodizer vs Sausage Fattener
- Final Thoughts – Soundgoodizer or Sausage Fattener?
- FAQs – Soundgoodizer vs Sausage Fattener
Soundgoodizer vs Sausage Fattener
These VSTs are in charge of decreasing the dynamic range of an audio signal.
Through the processes of saturation and compression, giving distortion, body, and brightness to an audio track, improving its quality in an impressive way.
Soundgoodizer is a sound maximizer that distorts the audio of vocals or soundtracks to make them sound better.
It works with the processing engine of the powerful Maximus plugin, which compresses and saturates the sound.
I strongly suggest you use it, as it has a user-friendly interface, equipped with a single control knob, which manages the sounds, and 4 different presets, labeled with the letters A, B, C, and D.
Its function consists in applying various effects to the audio clips.
- No download is required, as it is a stock FL Studio utility.
- It integrates very well with other music applications.
- It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner, its interface guides you through the process of using it.
- It is a bit uncomfortable if you want to export multiple audio tracks.
- Recording can be inflexible if you don’t configure the software properly.
- Can only run on Windows and macOS computers.
Sausage Fattener is a powerful music plugin, created by Dada Life, was designed to generate different sounds in a short time.
It has a dynamic interface, equipped with 2 options called Fatness and Color.
The first one is in charge of adding fatness, volume, saturation, and compression to the track.
The second one gives a touch of brightness, control, and edge to the timbre of the audio clip.
In addition, it has another tool, called Gain, which is for balancing the 2 main options, in order to get the best sound.
- Its design is simple, only 2 buttons, perfect if you are a beginner in creating beats.
- It offers clear and nitid sounds, thanks to its saturation algorithm.
- It is a lightweight tool, which does not use a lot of PC resources.
- The buttons can be automated and it has a magnificent collection of effects.
- It has Subs Distortion, which allows you to generate distorted sounds.
Also see: Best VST Plugins For FL Studio (FREE)
- It can distort the track too much if you don’t adjust its controls properly.
- It is a bit limiting if you want to manipulate a lot of sounds since it only has three knobs.
2) Simplicity Of Use
It has a simple-to-use interface since it only has a basic control knob and its learning curve is very short, so its workflow is quite good.
What I like about this program is that with its main control you can take care of regulating the original sound, while the 4 presets apply different audio effects that vary from each other.
The results are very varied depending on the intensity of the effect applied through the knob, generating high, low, deep, or sharp distortions.
In my opinion, it is very intuitive to use. Once you turn the main control, you just have to position it on each of the presets and listen to how the sound is modified.
- Friendly, intuitive, and easy workflow, no matter if you are an expert or a beginner.
- The options to make distortions are easy to use.
- If you make wrong transitions from one preset to another you could ruin your beat.
- Sometimes it’s too basic for big projects.
- Works on Windows and Mac only.
It operates as a very high-quality music compressor and is perfect for distortion, individual tracks, and sample mixes.
I recommend it because it is very easy to use. You only have to use a single channel to start distorting sounds.
This VST plugin raises the volume a little bit to insert the distortion.
Besides, in the same track, you can use drum and bass sounds, for better mastering effects.
- It has three knobs with specific functions assigned to each of them.
- As you move the knobs, the plugin’s sausage-shaped icon indicates with its face if the sound is OK or not.
- The Gain button tells you if the audio signal is the best.
- Works on Windows and Mac.
- Sounds can be unpleasant if you don’t adjust the volume correctly.
- The application of effects can be affected if you use a computer with limited resources.
3) Sound Quality
The sound quality offered by Soundgoodizer is fantastic.
So I like this tool because it is clean, clear, and allows you to make adjustments to minimize background effects that damage the track.
- Its control knob mixes the sounds from left to right, so they sound as good as possible. It does this in three levels: high, medium, and bass.
- Its A, B, C, D parameters function as preset switches with polished and hyper-calibrated bits to select the best effect.
- It allows you to choose the setting you want until the sound matches with what you want.
- Can be used to saturate vocals.
- Enhances stereo sounds.
- The sound, although powerful, has predetermined volume limits.
- It is not recommended to use the Soundgoodizer on the master.
In my opinion, Sausage Fattener offers very good sound effects and full distortion when mixing.
It synthesizes the audios until they are placed in the corresponding phase, and you can also insert crackles or snaps if you prefer.
- The sounds are impressive, very clear, and harmonic.
- Its functions are easy to operate.
- You can pause in the middle of the process to adjust or add more effects.
- Its functions and tools are updated frequently.
- If you are a beginner, it can be a bit tricky to make audio adjustments to specific parts of the soundtrack.
- Only AudioUnits and VST 2.4 formats are supported.
4) Features and Tools
This application features Maximus-powered A, B, C, and D presets that give you a wide range of results.
Its main control manages all sound parameters, with low, mid, and high settings.
The result is a high-frequency sound, with the option to adjust it whenever you want.
- Allows you to sharpen or minimize sounds.
- The main control knob rotates from left to right, with a 0 to 100% indicator that shows how compressed or saturated the audio is.
- Allows you to cut, insert, link audio clips, and apply effects to sounds.
- Few distortion options.
Also see: How To Get Omnisphere 2 VST Plugin
Sausage Fattener has some interesting features. For example, it has drum effects to complement compression a bit.
It has chords that synthesize the distortion and by turning the color knob you will get a bright sound.
Also, it contains filters in order to refine the audio.
In addition, it has a bass section on the Fatness knob, which maximizes the sounds.
It has a mixer that helps to obtain the best possible saturation.
- Collection of tools that are frequently updated.
- Generates very good distortion sounds.
- Sounds are a bit hard to calibrate at first.
- The interface may have problems updating if you use a computer with poor processing power.
It is completely FREE. This VST is native to FL Studio, so it comes integrated with its interface and is located in its utility library.
In other words, it is considered a stock plugin for Fruity Loops Studio.
If you want to see how you do with this one, you can try it for free with the FL Studio demo.
Dada Life’s Sausage Fattener for the functions and advantages it offers has a very interesting price.
The software comes with 3 official versions:
- Sausage Fattener: This version only contains the plugin itself. Its price is 39.00 USD
- Endless Smile: This is an additional accessory to the software that helps to improve the accuracy while adding saturation intensity to the beat. It is priced at 39.00 USD
- Endless Smile + Sausage Fattener: This is the most complete version of the Dada Life software and costs 59.00 USD. It includes both, the tool and its intensity meter.
Also see: How To Install reFX NEXUS On FL Studio
Final Thoughts – Soundgoodizer or Sausage Fattener?
Both plugins are very good and interesting options to consider.
They offer excellent compression and saturation results. Besides, their interface is easy to use and recommended for beginners.
Clearly, these are not the only VST compressors in the music market, there are also other very interesting ones and in our post, we did an extensive analysis of Soundgoodizer and other alternatives to it.
If you are an FL Studio 20 user, I think Soundgoodizer is more than enough, since it is free and has good quality.
Many users make a lot of jokes and memes about Soundgoodizer, but this happens because they don’t understand how great this software is and the impressive results that can be obtained by applying it to our beats.
So good is this plugin that even very famous producers use it in their songs.
On the other hand, if you use another DAW that doesn’t have a native compressor you might consider using the Dada Life’s Sausage Fattener, which is a great alternative for FL Studio users as well.
FAQs – Soundgoodizer vs Sausage Fattener
Is Sausage Fattener free?
No, it is not a free plugin. The current price of this VST is 39.00 USD. If you want to get it, you can do it through the official Dada Life website.
Is Sausage Fattener worth it?
Yes, this plugin is well worth the purchase. It has multiple distortion functionalities that are really useful for creating unique and high-quality songs.
It is highly recommended for those Digital Audio Workstations that do not have a stock compression and saturation tool.
Can I use Sausage Fattener on vocals?
The short answer is yes. Sausage Fattener works very well on vocals, and through it, you can use a lot of good quality saturation effects you can apply on them that will make the vocals sound great.
Can I use Sausage Fattener on the master?
Yes, you can use it on the master channel, but you must be very careful. Mastering on this channel will apply distortion to your entire musical project.
The ideal is to apply the effects of the plugin on each channel individually, and this way everything will sound much better.